milicaf35

Question advice on purchasing a lawn tractor

We have one acre lot and need a lawn tractor. My husband has been looking at John Deers. Does anyone have any experience with them and do you have an advice on others that you have had good luck with. We do not need a large one for the acre lot. We also would like a attachment for snow plowing.

Melissa

Sarah Long

Re:advice on purchasing a lawn tractor

We have about 1 1/2 acres and for as nice as they are, the John Deeres are over-priced. We live in the Joh Deere headquarters of NW Illinois about 1 hour from the factory itself and I haven't been impressed. In fact, I see more people sell their John Deere garden tractors with the snow-blower/plow attachments when they get into money trouble and then go buy something better like a Craftsman. We have a separate snow blower that is gas powered and then a garden tractor/lawn mower combo. When you get ice the separate snow blower is going to be infinitely better than the John Deere with the attachment you have to ride.

milicaf35

advice on purchasing a lawn tractor

We also live in NW Illinois (Boon County). Where do you live. Where is their headquarters and do you get a better deal from them.

Melissa

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

only bad experience with John Deer...Snapper makes a good product..

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had an old "simple" machine that we bought used for about $200. That was a few years ago and all we have to do is change the oil and sharpen the blades.
    ~* B101 Sistah *~