Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Disinfectant and Home-Made Cleaning Wipes

Originally posted by Katlee on April 11, 2003
    Disinfectant Wipes (edited by Mod)

This just came to me in email from newsletter I receive: Schools often request sanitizing wipes (Clorox or Lysol wipes) to keep in the classrooms. They are also nice to have at home, but they are very expensive at 50 wipes for $3.49. Instead buy the baby wipes or hand wipes that are on a roll. These pull out one at a time through the top. These can be found in the baby section and often in the paper product section of most stores. They generally have 150 sheets and run about $1.50. Open the top and add one teaspoon of bleach and 1/8 cup of water in the bottom. Close the container and shake the bleach mixture so the sheets will absorb it. Now these wipes have the same disinfecting qualities as the higher priced ones.

Originally posted by Jennifer on April 13, 2003
    Home-Made Cleaning Wipes

Well, for any of you with babies, you can make your own baby wipes - don't know how well they'd clean anything else though.

roll of strong paper towels(I use Bounty), cut in half

1 C water
    1 Tbsp. baby oil
    1 Tbsp. baby wash or baby shampoo

Cut roll in half, place half in container that can be sealed. Mix water, oil, and baby wash; pour over papertowels. Seal and let sit for about 30-45 minutes; remove cardboard to start chain of wipes.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Disinfectant and Home-Made Cleaning Wipes

Quote Originally Posted by mos View Post
    Originally posted by Katlee on April 11, 2003
    Disinfectant Wipes (edited by Mod)

This just came to me in email from newsletter I receive: Schools often request sanitizing wipes (Clorox or Lysol wipes) to keep in the classrooms. They are also nice to have at home, but they are very expensive at 50 wipes for $3.49. Instead buy the baby wipes or hand wipes that are on a roll. These pull out one at a time through the top. These can be found in the baby section and often in the paper product section of most stores. They generally have 150 sheets and run about $1.50. Open the top and add one teaspoon of bleach and 1/8 cup of water in the bottom. Close the container and shake the bleach mixture so the sheets will absorb it. Now these wipes have the same disinfecting qualities as the higher priced ones.

Originally posted by Jennifer on April 13, 2003
    Home-Made Cleaning Wipes

Well, for any of you with babies, you can make your own baby wipes - don't know how well they'd clean anything else though.

roll of strong paper towels(I use Bounty), cut in half
    1 C water
    1 Tbsp. baby oil
    1 Tbsp. baby wash or baby shampoo

Cut roll in half, place half in container that can be sealed. Mix water, oil, and baby wash; pour over papertowels. Seal and let sit for about 30-45 minutes; remove cardboard to start chain of wipes.
    I choose to pick up disinfectants from Disinfectant Wipes . They have been in the industry for several decade now and offer quality sanitizers and disinfectants better than the competitors.

Important Moderator Note Unpaid Advertising Link Removed by Mods

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Disinfectant and Home-Made Cleaning Wipes

There are also wipes recipes on the site:

MYO Windshield Wash Wipes
    MYO Winter Windshield Wipes

MYO Baby Wipes & Pet Wipes
    MYO Baby Wipes

MYO Hand Sanitizer
    Homemade Waterless Hand Sanitizer

Recipe #2
    Homemade Waterless Hand Sanitizer

Antiseptic Cleansing Gel
    http://www.budget101.com/health-home...nsing-gel.html
    Some argue whether this has enough alcohol in it, you can add more or you can account for the effects of the Anti-Viral/Antibacterial properties of the tea tree oil thats in it.

Personally, I find the store boughten ones absolutely REEK of disgusting perfume additives that I can't to smell.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101