slrccr1125

Default Toner/Astringent

Use witch hazel as a toner/astringent. It is under a $1 and has
    prevented breakouts for me. I also like the cleanser,
    Cetaphil,(which is not extremely expensive) but you can get the
    generic brand of it in Kmart or Walmart for half of the price.

Sharon from Lancaster Co., PA

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Toner/Astringent

Originally posted by Sharon on April 10, 2003
    Toner/Astringent

Use witch hazel as a toner/astringent. It is under a $1 and has prevented breakouts for me. I also like the cleanser, Cetaphil (which is not extremely expensive) but you can get the generic brand of it in Kmart or Walmart for half of the price.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Toner/Astringent

Can other members offer the experience using witch hazel as a toner? I'm 45 and prone to breakouts. I'm interested in something that isn't super drying (for aging skin) but is also deep cleaning to prevent breakouts.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by carriekasch View Post
    Can other members offer the experience using witch hazel as a toner? I'm 45 and prone to breakouts. I'm interested in something that isn't super drying (for aging skin) but is also deep cleaning to prevent breakouts.
    Ditto that. I have been meaning to search for the same thing
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know witch hazel is all natural and works great on most skin types. I don't see why it would be a problem.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Witch hazel works pretty good. Have you tried using African black soap? My wife has problem skin and it does the trick. Also, I know it is not cheep, but Lush Cosmetics has a GREAT soap line. I bought pharmfacy (it is spelled something like that anyways) it is made with charcoal and really helped with her breakouts. They also make a great chocolate mask. It smells sooo good you will want to eat it, but better to keep it on your face..lol

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for you comments. I have used Melaleuca's line of luxury skin care products (Sei Bella). I love them, but they are expensive, and I'm required to buy about $80 in products if I want to get their preferred customer price. Though I love their products, I really want to pay down a credit card debt and students loans so the Lush Cosmetics probably won't work for that purpose. I'm looking for inexpensive products to buy or make that will serve my purpose of keeping my skin clean without drying it out severely. After we get a handle on the debt, I will have to try the Lush Cosmetics. I'll have to check on the African black soap. I've never seen it. Thank you all for your input.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Witch hazel is great. I use it after shaving and no skin irritation. It's a must in my home.