Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wrought Iron Fencing

We have decorative white wrought iron on our front porch and I am starting to see spots of rust coming through the paint. We just moved in this last winter. Does anyone know a way to stop the rust so I'm not painting this every year??

Nancy Ann
    Date: Mon May 19, 2003 9:48 am

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried a primer coat of Rustoleum. Then white (probably rustoleum). I repainted my old front railings this way a couple of years ago and it is holding up really well.

Laine
    Date: Mon May 19, 2003 12:44 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try taking a stiff wire brush to the wrought iron rust spots and scrubbing away the rust. Then, spray the whole piece with a Rustoleum white. We did this to our mailbox post several years ago in black. (We have neighborhood covenants and replacing the supplied mailbox is pricey!) The Rustoleum worked great and DH keeps an eye on the post and gives it a shot if any rust is detected.

Check here for info for your furniture:
    http://www.rustoleum.com/Project.asp?rm ... p=13&SBL=1

Diane
    Date: Mon May 19, 2003 8:20 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Laine and Diane for your help! I guess I'll be looking for some Rustoleum to paint my wrought iron with.

Nancy Ann
    Date: Mon May 19, 2003 11:23 pm