Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Mold?

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cleaning Mold?

I am in dire need of trying to get the mold off of the painted wall in our bathroom. What can I use to remove the mold but not eat the paint or the drywall?

Thanks in advance,
    Tina

Date: Thu May 15, 2003 3:56 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

bleach should do the trick.

Date: Thu May 15, 2003 6:58 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem with mold on my bathroom ceiling, and I had read to clean with bleach, the use baby oil to cover the surface. My biggest problem is over the winter time, so last fall I had tried this and my problem has cleared up almost 95% and very little clean up needed now as I'm house cleaning. This really does work. Also just opening a window for some fresh air if possible after using the room also helps. Donna

Date: Thu May 15, 2003 10:22 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm trying to remember what we used to clean some mildew off after rain had leaked around a vent and got on the wall above the tub. Think we mixed laundry detergent and bleach together. But, it has been a while, and can't remember for sure.

Nadine

Date: Thu May 15, 2003 11:42 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try using Listerine Mouth wash. It work for me when I used it and it doesn't have the side effects like bleach with the fumes.

Susan

Date: Thu May 15, 2003 11:10 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

In response to the mold question, is this a recurring problem? I've had clients who have had this problem, it seems to be the same cause. If your bathroom vent goes into the attic (or there is no vent), moisture has nowhere to go but back into the bathroom. Try scraping paint and using a paint made specially for bathrooms (a moisture proof one). We had this problem in our bathroom too (I love long, HOT showers with NO fan on!). Once we repainted with the correct paint, no more problem! For a quick fix, try bleach and water (about 1/2 and 1/2). Good luck!

Date: Fri May 16, 2003 12:10 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had a mold problem in one bathroom. Was finally determined that water was coming in around the outside vent in the house. We replaced the vent with a larger one and the problem was solved.

Nadine
    Date: Fri May 16, 2003 7:20 pm

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

From having lived in a home that always molded during the winter I just want to let everyone know that bleach, be it full strength or diluted, does not always work.
    Sometimes you can just scrub your little heart out with it and within a week you have the mold back...painting also did no good. I am only sharing this info so that if this happens to you that you don't think that you did something wrong.

Susan
    Date: Sat May 17, 2003 1:34 pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast