Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Potpourri Pie
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Want an easy gift that smells wonderful and looks like it took you days to
make? Or maybe one that appears to have been purchased in an expensive gift shop? Look no further -- make a potpourri pie using
What You Need:
1 cup flour
1 cup salt
Pie tin (any size)
How To Do It:
1. Mix together flour and salt, and stir in enough water to form a workable,
but not sticky, dough.
2. Spray tin with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 250? degrees.
3. Roll out dough into large circle about 1/4 inch thick, just as you would
for making a normal pie, and line tin with the rolled out dough. Wrap up remaining dough for later.
4. Cook pie crust for at least 30 minutes. Let cool.
5. Fill cooled crust with potpourri.
6. Take remaining dough scraps, roll into a large circle, and cut into strips for lattice top crust.
7. Arrange strips over potpourri, in the same way you would make an edible lattice crust pie. Dampen dough to "glue" it down to already cooked crust.
8. Let top crust dry for 1-2 days. Decorate top of crust anyway you wish.
Some ideas are fabric or ribbon bows, dried apples, and cinnamon sticks.
From: "Pat Price Flatt"
Date: Sun May 11, 2003 3:35 pm
The Following User Says Thank You to GillyBean For This Useful Post:
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum Mixes~MYO~Copycat~EtcReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
By Savin' Moola in forum Home Improvement / DecorReplies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2006, 09:06 AM
By Teresa Lanford in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2003, 03:22 PM