Thread: Uses for Lint

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Uses for Lint

Lint from the dryer is usually saved for fire starting, it makes it a lot easier.

Cheri

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GillyBean For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know of one thing that dryer lint is great for. Makes a fantastic fire starter, either for camping or building what ever kind of fire you need. Send some in a bag with my daughter every year she goes to camp in case they don't have any dry twigs to start the fire with.

Sue Caswell

Date: Sun May 11, 2003 2:21 pm

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GillyBean For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

When we go camping I always fill empty toilet paper tubes with dryer lint and put them in a bag and when we start our fires we just put in 1 or 2 of the starters and set them on fire with a few twigs in a tepee style and it starts a fire right away.

Nancy

Date: Sun May 11, 2003 4:45 pm

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you get eggs in the paper cartons, you can stuff the lint in them, and melt some leftover candle wax and pour it in, one will light a big fire.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Uses for Lint

When saving dryer lint it is best to keep it in a fireproof container such as glass or metal because dryer lint is very flammable.

Dryer lint is highly flammable, keep dryer lint in your kindling box and you will always be able to start your fires easily.

Dryer lint makes an excellent packing material. When you are packing something in an envelope.

Help the birds build their nests. Just place clumps of dryer lint out on your lawn and under bird feeders, watch in amazement as the birds fight over this premium nesting material.

Lint can be added to your compost pile and will disintegrate into fertilizer as long as the fibers are natural.

Use dryer lint to protect your plants from the cold. And this also keeps them warm and moist.

Stuff your old tube socks with dryer lint and you’ve got yourself a great draft stopper. Place the stuffed socks on the floor in front of your door to keep out the cold air in the winter.

Dryer lint is also useful for craft projects.--Filling heads of dolls ect. in place of fiber fill..
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Uses for Lint

I save my dryer lint and empty toilet paper rolls. I spray lice spray onto the lint. Stuff the lint into the toilet paper rolls. Insert the rolls into nooks and crannys in stone walls and log piles. The mice and other small rodents (tick carriers) take the lint to build nests. The lice spray doesn't harm the mice or the ticks. It kills the tick larvae and thereby, interrups the tick cycle.