Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      recipfresh

Homemade Krispy Kremes — Yes, this is the actual recipe!

You’ll want to share this one or subscribe yourself to save it!

Ingredients
      3 tablespoons milk
      3 tablespoons boiling water
      1 teaspoon dry active yeast
      8 ounces all-purpose flour ( a little under 2 cups, I recommend you measure and weigh. See my note above)
      1 1/2 ounces sugar ( about 3 tablespoons)
      1 egg
      1 ounce butter, cold to room temperature
      1 dash salt
      oil

Glaze
      1/3 cup butter
      2 cups confectioners’ sugar
      1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
      4 tablespoons hot water ( or as needed)
      Directions

In a large measuring jug, combine the milk and boiling water. Add a teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast. Stir it gently, then leave it in a
      warm place for the yeast to activate (aka foam). In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, the rest of the sugar, and the salt.

Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.

Add the egg (give it a quick beat) and yeast mixture to the flour mix, and mix into a smooth dough. This usually takes about 5 minutes of mixing.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured counter and knead for about 5 to 10 minutes—it should feel springy and little bubbles should form under the surface. Place it back in the bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise for about an hour until double in size.

Once risen, place the dough onto the counter and cut it into 4 pieces. One piece at a time, stretch it into a long rope
      about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Cut strips about an inch long, all em up with your hands, and place them on a baking tray or wire rack to wait.

Cover the doughnuts holes with a cloth to rise while you heat the oil to 375°F.

Place the doughnuts into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes. Be sure to fry only a few at a time so they don’t overcrowd and stick together.

Drain on a paper towel or wire rack over a cloth, before glazing them. Be sure to glaze them warm, or else they won’t get that delicious coverage!

courtesy http://www.food.com and now your cook’in

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      bethmc47

Awesome thank you. I know my family will love you come Sunday morning when I start baking,thank you for sharing.

mos

I’ve decided to just assemble the ingredients and smear them on my hips, etc.! LOL! Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts