Article: Why You Should Keep Powdered & Evaporated Milk on Hand

Article: Why You Should Keep Powdered & Evaporated Milk on Hand

Learn the benefits of keeping instant dry milk and evaporated milk & how it's everyday use can save you money Read More: Article: Why You Should Keep Powdered & Evaporated Milk on Hand

milk, evaporated, article, hand, powdered, save, everyday, read, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=4489-why-you-should-keep-powdered-evaporated-milk-on-hand, money, keeping, benefits, learn, instant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Why You Should Keep Powdered & Evaporated Milk on Hand

Learn the benefits of keeping instant dry milk and evaporated milk & how it's everyday use can save you money

Read More: Article: Why You Should Keep Powdered & Evaporated Milk on Hand

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have tons of powdered milk. my hubby gets senior commodities once a month. the bath sounds good.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to ask what is that pictured there, looks yummy.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Over the years, I've nearly always had them both on hand.. they are just fine for cooking.. Undiluted evaporated milk works great in cream style soups, and I have used the powdered nonfat milk in my fabulous mashed potatoes ...everyone always loves them.. I put the dry milk powder (a half to 1 cup) in the potatoes after I break them up with my mixer, mash a little, then add butter, then just enough hot potato water to whip them up to a heavenly fluff.. works best with russets, and don't forget the salt in the cooking water. If you don't salt them before cooking, they never taste good.
    I also use the dry and the evaporated milks diluted (or not) for most any cooking uses.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I always have powder milk and evaporated milk in the cupboards, I do not hoard this type of milk for drinking at all. I use powder milk for all of my baking needs, and the evaporated milk for cooking dishes that require milk, I buy whole evaporated milk, it makes wonderful sauces, scalloped potatoes, mash potatoes mac n Cheese. If a recipe calls for milk I do not use our drinking milk I use canned milk, I use the store generic or Aldi's brand and it is wonderful. Cakes that require milk I use powder, not to mention I use powder a lot in the winter time to make hot chocolate mix, and oatmeal packets. There is more uses for these types of milk other than drinking.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use evaporated milk in all my casseroles. It makes them creamier!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Andreagwyn- the picture above is no-bake cheesecake with minature chocolate chips and chocolate syrup on top.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Why You Should Keep Powdered & Evaporated Milk on Hand

Thanks, that was very helpful, never thought to use the potato water. I will have to try your way and see what the family says

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast