Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default alternative to Medicare

I am specifically trying to find out above a newish movement where doctors and other health professionals are forming entities offering cash only payments for treatments at greatly reduced rates had they been undertaken through Medicare. I have a particular interest in finding health care where providers like hospitals and clinics stop the disgraceful overcharging for items of treatment. Does anyone have any direct information about such a movement?

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: alternative to Medicare

It really depends on which state you live in, Maine for example has a large number of doctors that has already switched to this and I'm with you on this one, I am also seeking out a doctor in our State that is reliable that is on a cash only basis.

Although it is my personal belief that unless you have a major accident or catastrophe, dr's are pretty much useless anyway. We go for a diagnosis and then home to treat and it has nothing to do with lack of insurance, it's due to lack of lots of other things, lol. (like.. confidence in the medical establishment, lack of desire to pick up whatever disease is circulating around the hospital, among other things)
    ~No Matter how bad it gets, I'm rich at the Dollar Store!!~