Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Whipped Laundry Detergent

Hey!

Yes, I'm a newbie! I found your website, while looking for a "cooked and whipped" homemade laundry detergent, that I first saw on FaceBook.

I followed the instructions instructions, to the letter, doubling the recipe to make a gallon. So far, so good, but I'm struggling with the 'gallon' part. I used 2 bars of grated Fel's Naptha, 8 cups of hot water, 2 cups of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda, and 2 cups of 20 Mule Team Borax. Once I melted and combined, beyond being 'grainy,' I poured it into, what I thought was supposed to be 4 - 1qt. Mason Jars. However, I only had enough to fill 2 - 1 qt. Mason Jars.

In looking at the recipe, 8 cups of water, equals 2 qts. Am I missing something? My jars are inverted. Separation is happening. When I whip this, will the volume double, or have I just created a super-duper concentrated laundry detergent?

I've been wanting to make this for a while, now. My current insensitive is my 22 year old son is home for the weekend and has a rash in several areas of his body, some of which I'd embarrass him, by mentioning. This is even after he switched to a laundry detergent, I used for the majority of his growing up.

Many thanks and God bless!

Sally

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Whipped Laundry Detergent

I followed the instructions instructions, to the letter, doubling the recipe to make a gallon.
    Sorry, the cook method of this recipe cannot be doubled, you definitely don't have nearly enough water and I doubt that it will dissolve now in your machine.
    ~No Matter how bad it gets, I'm rich at the Dollar Store!!~