Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Design a Children's Garden

Design a Children's Garden - learn how to create a beautiful children's garden

Read More: Article: Design a Children's Garden

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm so happy to be here, and even more excited to read about the ideas for a children's garden! Last summer my daughter (now 2 1/2) found the cherry tomatoes I planted in 4 containers to be her favorite food, and this year I want to include her in the fun, especially since we are living in a location where I can plant in the ground. We are doing a combination of raised beds (square foot gardening method) and planting directly into the ground, and I LOVE the idea of creating a space that is solely for her creation and imagination.

Spring, I can feel you just around the bend!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been talking to my son about a garden this year so we went seed shopping and he was so excited to pick out Leeks. The funny part is I have never used leeks.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Design a Children's Garden

I can't wait to get gardening with my 5 year old grandson. He is such a great eater and loves his veggies. I know he'll enjoy having his own garden as he always wants to be involved in watering and nurturing ours. Spring is just an inspiration away! Thank you for the wonderful ideas and happy gardening and have a wonderful spring!!

debbie

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 6 year old grandson and I have been gardening together since he was 2&1/2. We started with cherry tomatoes on the patio. Then he did his own onion patch. the next year it was peas in January. That was the year he cried because mom wanted him to come home before we got the seeds in the ground! We did a rush planting and every thing turned out alright! I believe this is why he is willing to eat so many different veggies. After all ! He grew them!