Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Challenge OPEN Picky, Picky, Picky- How To Deal with Picky Eaters

Recently some of our members and guests have asked, How do I deal with a Picky eater, or a husband who wont eat what I make unless it's his favorite, etc. So we're Challenging YOU to share YOUR best Ideas for the situation at hand...

What is your BEST Tip for dealing with Picky Eaters in your family/Household?

Wondering How to Play? Hit the reply button and answer the challenge question! (Seriously, that's it)

What is the Goodie Giveaway for this Challenge? An amusing New Mug & a $10 Amazon Gift Card

Name:  41bioOGluWL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  7.6 KB

Learn More about Budget101 Challenges Here!

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Budget101 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Picky, Picky, Picky

My family is three teenagers and three adults. If they don't care for what I have prepared for dinner, they are on their own--they can purchase their own food. Since they are all working and saving, they usually don't want to part with their cash. When I make school lunches, I use the dinner leftovers. Normally, they are hungry enough that they eat what I have packed for them (and are often surprised by how much they like what I sent!). Again, they don't want to use their own money to buy lunch. I have a wonderful husband who will eat just about anything I make, so no challenge there!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let the family be involved in menu

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Challenge Question is : What is your BEST Tip for dealing with Picky Eaters in your family/Household?
    Here are some of my favorite tips for dealing with Picky Eaters (kids)

• One Bite Rule- the kids always have to have at least One Bite of something, even if they hate it. Sometimes they realize that it's not as bad as they thought and they eat it all.
    • Refusers- those who are just not hungry right now, we save the food plate until they ARE Hungry and then they have to eat it (reheated, if necessary) at the next mealtime. Regardless- they ARE going to eventually eat whatever is put on their plate
    • The Power Struggle- they're hungry but refusing to eat, I just put it on their plate and if they don't eat, they don't get anything else until the next meal, at ALL. Just water, no other snacks or food.
    Dealing with Picky Adults:

Actually- if an Adult is a picky eater they've been recognized as having an actual Disorder called, Selective Eating Disorder.

They may have been raised that way (aka Momma's Boy or girl!) Introduce new foods and ask them to have enough respect for you to at least Try it. They might be surprised.

Find out WHY they dislike a particular food, my other half hated Butternut Squash because it just "mushed around in his mouth" so I fixed it by adding scallions, garlic and a bit of blue cheese for texture. Now he likes it.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

For my kids/ picky eaters we change the color of the food or tell them they give super powers When You Eat them. (Ex. Cauliflower we make it purple or blue)

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thankfully my kids are not picky eaters but I have a husband that is! I "hide" veggies like zucchini and tomatoes in sauces like spaghetti. Cauliflower makes a great crust and no one knows it is a veggie. It is an easy way to get my hubby, who doesn't eat veggies, to get them. Even if it is a sneaky way! lol

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have an autistic son who is very picky so I make sure to cook something he will eat. If I make gravy over rice he won't eat it but he will eat just the meat and rice so I keep some aside before I make gravy. One dinner two ways

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: B101 Challenge: Picky, Picky, Picky

I have a picky eater, so the way I get around the fact that he doesn't like vegetables in his food is to shred them up & add them to what I am cooking and he never knows he's eating vegetables. I will tell him after he's finished, which is usually when he says he now likes vegetables.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast