Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Homemade Puff Pastry

Learn how to make your own Light Flaky buttery rich layers of delicious puff pastry in your own kitchen.

Read More: Article: Homemade Puff Pastry
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will look to see what the cost it is for puff pastry here locally, I do not buy it very often but I remember getting it around the holidays and it only being a couple of dollar (store brand) I am not sure that all this work is worth saving 50 cents, but then again I would know what is really in it. I will have to sit on this one for a moment.
    But will keep it in mind.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Puff Pastry

Quote Originally Posted by adburge View Post
    I will look to see what the cost it is for puff pastry here locally, I do not buy it very often but I remember getting it around the holidays and it only being a couple of dollar (store brand) I am not sure that all this work is worth saving 50 cents, but then again I would know what is really in it. I will have to sit on this one for a moment.
    But will keep it in mind.
    I don't know about your area, but I can literally make 3 for the same price as buying 1 at my local grocery store.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not so sure you can make it so much cheaper anymore with the simple cost of butter. Even the cheaper butter is something like $4.75. I haven't seen butter any cheaper than that either. Plus the cost of the flour. Unless you already have these things in your home (which I do), I don't know that this is so much cheaper.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I find making this relaxing! Keeping it cold is a key!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Puff Pastry

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBakerChick View Post
    I'm not so sure you can make it so much cheaper anymore with the simple cost of butter. Even the cheaper butter is something like $4.75. I haven't seen butter any cheaper than that either. Plus the cost of the flour. Unless you already have these things in your home (which I do), I don't know that this is so much cheaper.
    Guess it depends on where you shop. I almost fell over when I was at walmart and they wanted $4.50 for a pound of butter. I said forget it and went to the grocery store down the street from me. I can get store brand butter there for $2.50 a pound. Some brand called Hotel, I can get for $2.00 when they have it. And that's the regular price, not a sale price.

But I think I'm gonna keep buying ready made puff pastry. It just didn't come out right when I made it.