Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Newbie from the frozen north!

Hi all!
    I'm Artiemiss, from Massachusetts, where we have had WAY too much snow and cold this winter. I know, what do I expect, living here? It's not like I'm not used to winter, but this winter has just been unreal! My husband and I have cutest in the world shih tzu, who loves the snow, and even he has had enough, already!
    Anyway, enough about that! I can hear you saying "Quitcha bitchin and move already!" And someday we may, but for now, here we are. And here I am, at this new (to me!) and wonderful website! I can't wait to begin exploring! I was led here by a homemade Snickers bar recipe!
    A little about me before I go: I'm a 52 yo mother of six. This is a second marriage for husband and I. When we met, he had two kids and I had four. No, it was not the instant Brady Bunch I thought it would be, but I am proud to say that now that they are grown up, they get along very well. Their ages are: Boy 36; Girl 34; Boy 30; Girl, 28; Girl 27; Girl 26. I had a very hard time with empty nest syndrome, made especially hard as my youngest girl had joined the Army right out of high school, and did two tours in the Iraq War as a Medic. It got to the point where I couldn't watch anything on t.v. about the military. I'm fine now, thanks for asking. And she is too, mostly. She did come back with P.T.S.D. and severe back problems. But, she has been turning her life around by attending college as an art major and doing ok.

That's enough about me for now, as I don't want to turn this into a novel! I'm looking forward to meeting other members of this site. Don't be shy, please say hello to me!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie from the frozen north!

hello. i am new to this site too.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Newbie from the frozen north!

Hi norrismotherof2, glad to meet you! How old are your kids? And what prompted you to join? Personally, I'm hoping to learn how to do more with less. Maybe make more homemade foods instead of buying them, and learning how to use coupons like they do on Extreme Couponing! Take care and have a nice day!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I am from the hot south.... Tasmania, Australia.... not quite as hot as the mainland of Australia, as we are an island to the south.... next stop Antarctica...lol, but we do have our moments of heat.
    I love the recipes and crafts on this site..... I have two kids and 4 grandsons... my partner has 4 kids and 2 grandchildren... we are getting married later this year... so similar to you in some ways.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Newbie from the frozen north!

Hi. Glenystasmania!
    Nice to meet you! I am especially impressed because I've never known anyone from your country before. So, thanks for posting back to me. Yes, we do sound similar! Good luck with the pending nuptuals, and with blending the family! Even if you do have rough patches, think of me! My stepson would only grudgingly let my son share his bedroom, and even then it was just a mattress on the floor that got pushed up against the wall when he wasn't there. He did as little as he could do and that was it. Meanwhile my son, who only had three little sisters, just worshipped his new older brother! But as I said in my original post, they all get along great now that they're adults.
    Again, nice to meet you.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from a fellow northern newbie! I am in Erie PA where we have entirely too much snow and cold. SOOO ready for spring to arrive! I am 56, and have 6 kids as well, 2 are mine, 4 are his. We met 26 years ago, my girls were young and at home. His kids were older, in college and on their way! Now everyone is out, on their own, some married, some with kids (10 grandkids and 1 coming!). I found this site thru facebook. I am primarily interested in money saving ideas, recipes and beginnig gardening. We live in a lakehouse, no lawn, great deck. I need to know more about container gardening, particularly edible and and herb gardening.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello lakehouse! Glad you reached out to say hello. Hope you find lots of good info while you scout this site!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Artiemiss... I am from the even farther north - Canada and I soooo hear you about winter. I am looking forward to improving my frugal ways.. and have seen lots of ideas on this site. I have two military kids so we have that in common as well. New to this site also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast