Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Perfect Homefries

Learn how to make perfect homefries (aka breakfast potatoes) every time with minimal effort

Read More: Article: Perfect Homefries

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is how I make home fries, with a few little changes. You cut the potato to what size you like, but while you are prepping the potatoes heat your oven 425 with the cookie sheet already in the oven. put onions, peppers, garlic, seasoning and equal amounts of oil to melted butter whatever your choice is. I eyeball everything so I can't give you precise measurements but it would be about maybe 2 to 3 T of oil and melted butter total together. once all mixed. Pull out hot pans be careful and pour potatoes onto pan. this helps make a crust to the potato. my potatoes take about 25-30 minutes. But come out good every time.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Always wanted to make these but didn't like the "skillet method" since I'm usually already concentrating on other side dishes. Thanks for the recipe and "adburge" for your tips.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love the thought of being able to just grab a small single serving size bag out early in the morning to go with a quick meal. ( I am up at 3 am making the dh's breakfast and lunch before he leaves for work) these would be perfect to add in to a breakfast wrap; maybe even pre-made bacon, egg and "tater" wraps to just pull from the freezer. Will be making a large batch of these this weekend... hopefully there will be enough left after our large weekend breakfast meals.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have heard that if the potatoes are soaked in water for about an hour and let dry first they will be won't be soggy at all. Is there an truth to this?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just thought, wouldn't it be easier to toss in oil and season the potatoes on a bowl before placing potatoes on cookie sheet? Id imagine there would be less potato casualties to be chased around the kitchen floor ...

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Perfect Homefries

Just a thought, wouldn't it be easier to toss potatoes in oil and season in a bowl, before placing potatoes on cookie sheet? Id imagine there would be less potato wrangling around the kitchen floor ...