Downloads
    Uploads

Default Save $$ on Hand Soap

L. Burton" <Createdbooks>
    Subject: saving on hand soap

I just put a bottle of liquid hand soap in the kids' bathroom (for the first
    time in a year or more -- it somehow always got opened & dumped!
    =:-O ) and thought you might like to know a trick for saving on, well,
    anything in a pump dispenser that children use indiscriminately. Take a nice
    thick rubber band (the kind that comes on broccoli works best -- too thick
    for little hands to remove and doesn't shift around) and wrap it around just
    under the head of the dispenser. If you fiddle with it, you can make it spit
    out just enough for one use with each pump. They use about 1/8 the amount of
    soap as they would otherwise.
    ~Laurie

Date: Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:58 pm
    Subject: saving on hand soap

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another option to save on soap

I invested (they aren't exactly giving them away-maybe $12-15) in a soap dispenser from Pampered Chef. I love it!!! You put in a small amount of soap and fill gently with water to the fill line. When you pump it, it comes out foam. Even kids that don't like to wash their hands will love the feel of foam soap. I think I even got an extra pump with the bottle. I've had mine for about 2 years and am still on the same pump. One note: The "hose" that carries the soap mixture up will not stand for little particles or moisturizer in the soap. It needs to be a simple soap-nothing fancy.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Saving $ on Hand Soap~

Thank You so much for the idea Laurie!

I have been going nuts trying to explain to the kids that they don't need to pump and pump the soap container.. now, even if they pump it 2x, it is still only 1/2 as much..

Thanks Again-
    Beth