Silver cleaner- Household Recipes

Does anyone know a good way to clean silver jewelry? We had a house fire and most of my silver jewelry is now dark and dull. I washed it all to get the smoke residue off but it is still lacklust. Suggestions?

silver, soda, chalk, jewelry, power, grind, remain, piece, polish, moisture, storing, longer, tarnishing, small, paste, make, cleaner, baking, salt, water, rest, buff, soft

Thread: Silver cleaner

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Silver cleaner

Does anyone know a good way to clean silver jewelry? We had a house fire and most of my silver jewelry is now dark and dull. I washed it all to get the smoke residue off but it is still lacklust. Suggestions?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Silver cleaner

baking soda + salt + water Make a paste of mostly soda rub it into your silver and let it get almost dry. Then take a soft rag and buff off the rest. Before you put your silver away, grind a little chalk to a power and rub your silver with it to polish it and keep it from tarnishing longer. Storing jewelry in a box with a small piece of chalk will help keep moisture away and your jewelry will remain silver.