Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What do you do with Home made Pie Filing?

I had 2 pints of blueberries that were teetering on expiration. I knew we couldn't possible eat them in time. So, I made blueberry pie filling. I've already topped our yogurt with it but was wondering if someone had any good coffeecake recipes. We just had an apple pie so pie is an easy answer. But I'm looking for ideas that are a little less commonplace. THANKS!

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What do you do with Home made Pie Filing?

Make a batch of land o' nod cinnamon rolls, except instead of cinnamon and sugar, spread with blueberry pie filling, roll then up and slice them and bake them for 14-17 minutes at 350.

YUM
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent! I just found the recipe. I'm making them Saturday morning. Thanks!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use canned pie fillings with a Jiffy white cake mix to make their Magic Fruit. It reminds me of a cobbler or crisp. Just put pie filling in an 8 inch square pan, mix cake mix with 1/4 cup butter and sprinkle over pie filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Makes a nice dessert for two or a small family!!! If you can't find Jiffy cake mixes just use half of a regular cake mix instead.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a few apples that got frozen in our garage. We can't eat them but I could make pie filling with them and try the Jiffy mix recipe. Thanks!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could try adding it to a cake mix (maybe yellow?) in a crock pot. Here is a recipe I found that looks like the one I saw. It comes out very moist.
    Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
    Another idea blueberry pie cookies. Here is a recipe for that idea. My last idea is an oldie. Blueberry pie filling on top of a classic cheesecake instead of cherries or chocolate. Good luck! Let me know what you decide to bake and how it turned out! I am curious what the other people come up with!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

If it's homemade 'cream pie' filling, you can add 2 cups to an angel food cake mix (dry) and stir it up till mixed well, pour into a 9x13 greased cake pan, bake at 350* for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with powered sugar. Original recipe was for lemon pudding/pie filling (canned) but could use chocolate or any flavor you like. Super good and lighter than regular cake with frosting. Yummm good! ♥

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yummy! These sound really good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast