What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default weekly dinner menu for child?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on planning a menu for my daughter. I usually juice at dinner time but still prepare her meals, I don't want to cook to much and end up having to throw it out. However is important to me that she eats a well balanced meal. Struggling to save money, time, and feeding my daughter a proper meal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: weekly dinner menu for child?

My suggestion to you is to peruse the menu plans here! I have personally posted numerous plans that would fit what you are looking for, not to mention all that other members have posted. May I make a suggestion? You indicated that you juice at dinner time, but prepare a regular meal for your daughter. What if you juiced at another meal and prepared a healthy meal for the two of you? There are a gazillion meals in the 'Cooking for Two' forum that are healthy and wonderful! It could set a good example for your DD!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for you response. To share a lil about me I ensure to sit and eat breakfast/lunch with my daughter to set healthy standards. I juice at night for medical reasons. The reason for my post was to inquire if anyone else deals with this as well and how they handle it.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I apologize if I disturbed you. Your post didn't indicate anything about other meals for you and I was just posting a thought. Good luck to you and I sincerely hope that someone in the same situation sees your post and can respond!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

There a lot of books/sites focused on meals for 1 or 2. They won't be specifically focused at a child but you could adapt them as you see fit. Also the site weelicious.com (I'm sorry to the site admins as I know it's not your site) as she has a lot of kid themed recipes with great comments that you can adapt. I hope that helps some.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would half batch most recipies and freeze leftovers in a re heatable container.

Separate meats, 1 chicken breast, 1 pork chop and such to cook fresh each night but maybe make a side dish that can be reheated, make it easier on you, pasta and rice dishes would be good for that. How old is she? Teach her to cook along side you maybe? Make 2 of the meat and turn it into a quick stir fry the next night or quesadillas. Pasta topped with stir fry vegetables and leftover meat is really tasy and quick to prepare