Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: The Only 5 things a Newborn Really Needs

The only 5 Surprisingly simple things you need to properly care for your newborn, everything else is just bunk!

Read More: Article: The Only 5 things a Newborn Really Needs

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is so perfect! So many people go way over their budget only to find they DID only need those few things.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can make your own cloth wipes, from old t-shirts or other cloth. A small spray bottle with water or homemade wipe solution works just fine.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

And dont forget the now popular Diaper Wipe Warmer. So silly and on top of that the warm of the warmer attracts bacterial. Please dont waste your money on these products

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am absolutely not ok with the advice telling parents to buy a carseat off of Craig's list etc. Car seats do expire, they also must be replaced if in any sort of accident which isn't something that a seller may disclose. There are inexpensive seats that can be bought but please do not buy a car seat from someone you do not know!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Re: The Only 5 things a Newborn Really Needs

Quote Originally Posted by stupefyingjones View Post
    I am absolutely not ok with the advice telling parents to buy a carseat off of Craig's list etc. Car seats do expire, they also must be replaced if in any sort of accident which isn't something that a seller may disclose. There are inexpensive seats that can be bought but please do not buy a car seat from someone you do not know!

That's all fine and dandy to take the high road and say you'd never do that, but if comes down to NOT having a car seat at ALL and having a gently used carseat than I'll take the used any day of the week.

I love how people are so quick to judge others, I was pregnant when my husband broke his back at work and we had NO MONEY coming in what-so-ever. The labor laws in this state made it perfectly legal for them to "let my husband go" and for MONTHS we had Zero income and lived off our very modest savings. I purchased a car seat through craigslist with NO problems. The lady had bought it for her grandson so her daughter wouldn't have to switch the seat back and forth when she dropped him off at her mothers. There was NOTHING wrong with the seat at all. It was either buy a used one or ride around with my baby in my lap. It's great that some people have the means to run out and buy a bunch of new things and even better if their families are around to help, but not everyone has that luxury.

So unless you plan on donating brand new stuff to a new mom that desperately needs it, don't wag your finger in her face like you're something special!!
    Finally Saving Money & My Mind !

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great post for new parents, 18 years ago when my daughter was born we lived in a 30' travel trailer on my parents farm, was small but we survived,we then added a 12' atco trailer as our living/tv wood stove area and our son was born 20 month after our daughter , we lived in the interior of BC Canada with very hot summers and bitter cold winters, it was cozy. Now live in a nice big house and will be empty nesters soon.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The concept of pacifier wipes reminded me of something a friend sent me long ago, if its ok I put a link to something similar I googled.

Fun Stuff

I have three children..... how true, how true...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast