Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default best toilet paper value

I continue to be shocked at the price of toilet paper. We have used Charmin Ultra for years. In the last year or so, it has gone to for one of the big packs. Is this a good value, or is there a better choice price and quality wise?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: best toilet paper value

I also buy my toilet paper in bulk but I only buy Scott 20 roll pack. On sale it is usually under $13.00 and with a thousand sheets per roll that is a huge value to me! Plus it is better for your plumbing! Walmart and Wegman's now carry their brands with a thousand sheets per roll so if Scott is not on sale I will buy that and it is usually the same price.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it one or two ply?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

For the quality u can't beat Charmin...u use less, its stronger, softer on your bum...I clip coupons or call the man for coupons...I've learned there's just some things you don't skimp on...therefore I'll buy another product that may be off brand so I can buy charmin

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I really like Charmin. It is just so expensive. I was hoping there might be a comparable brand out there that I had not tried.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Like Hawksmom48, I also only buy the scott toilet tissue. With 4 children I have always found it to be the best bargain for our household.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: best toilet paper value

Quote Originally Posted by lesleycouponer View Post
    I continue to be shocked at the price of toilet paper. We have used Charmin Ultra for years. In the last year or so, it has gone to $18 for one of the big packs. Is this a good value, or is there a better choice price and quality wise?
    When we had our septic pumped (we use scott btw) the fellow that pumped it told us that Charmin is the WORST TP for your tank, it breaks into cloud-like puffs that don't break down and it causes the most damage to tanks, clogging them and making a mess of them. He asked us what we were using because our tank looked great and we only pump it once every 10-15 Years. I told him SCOTT.

Unless you have city sewer and dont care about paying to have it fixed I would stay as far away from Charmin & other "fluffy" toilet paper as you can.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scott is only one ply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast