Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: AskMD - Sharecare, Inc.
01-22-2014, 10:20 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 1995
- in front of the puter
- Blog Entries
AskMD - Sharecare, Inc.
The AskMD - Sharecare, Inc. App has been provided to you by Budget101.com
Genre: Health & Fitness
Release Date: December 9, 2013
AskMD is more than just a symptom checker. It's a personalized health consultation that helps identify what's bothering you and gets you organized around your health, enabling you to have a better doctor's visit and ultimately get healthier.
Whether it's your joint pain, a parent's Diabetes or your spouse's cholesterol, this iOS-exclusive app uses clinically-proven research to help you get from wondering what could be wrong to what you can do about it. AskMD recommends qualified physicians covered by your insurance, and arms you with the information you need for your doctor's appointment, which you also can share privately with your physician or others you choose. So, take the guesswork out of getting better. AskMD.
• Identify potential causes of your symptoms quickly and easily — AskMD, with speech recognition powered by Nuance, allows you to simply use your voice to initiate a series of questions relevant to your issue, taking into account all your symptoms and other factors, like medications and known conditions. During this "consultation," the app utilizes Pattern Recognition Technology to match your answers against a dynamic clinical knowledge platform, yielding a list of possible causes that actually are relevant to you.
• Determine if you have an emergency — If AskMD detects that you might be in a critical or life-threatening situation, the app will direct you to Emergency Rooms closest to your location.
• Take the next steps to get the right care — Once you've completed your consultation, AskMD prepares you for your doctor's appointment by arming you with a summary of your results, which you can easily access, print or share privately from the app. AskMD also locates doctors and specialists qualified to treat your symptoms or condition by area map or list, which also can be filtered by insurance, specialty and distance. You can even click to call and make an appointment directly from the app, and map your route to their office.
• Keep track of your health — AskMD isn't just an app to find out what's bothering you at the moment – it has tools and information to help you know more about your health day–to–day. In addition to helping you organize health information you might need on a daily basis – like your medications, insurance information, and names and contact details for all your doctors and specialists – the app also provides you with a personal snapshot of your health, which includes vitals such as height, weight, cholesterol, blood pressure and any known conditions, and uses animation and graphics to show you what those vitals mean to your overall health.
• Care for family and friends — AskMD allows you to create multiple health profiles in the app, so in addition to managing your own health, you also can manage the health of others for whom you care.
© © 2013 Sharecare Inc.
Free Apps are usually available for less than 48 Hours, because of this, all threads are automatically closed to additional comments/responses at that time.