B101 Challenge: Foods That値l Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps- Gardening & Landscaping

Did you know that a number of foods can be grown from various kitchen scraps? We grew a pineapple simply by cutting off the top of a pineapple . . . Foods That you Can Grow From Scraps: 1. Pineapple- simply cut off the top and plant it, complete directions here 2. Onions/Scallions- Complete

b101 challenge, b101 challenge questions, budget101 challenge, scraps, foods, kitchen, simply, pineapple, grown, directions, complete, challenge, onions/scallions-, http://www.budget101.com/gardening-landscaping/grow-pineapple-your-home-1993.html, you-, http://www.budget101.com/gardening-landscaping/free-onions-life-4365.html, food, repeating, re-grow, cutting, number, grew, b101, plant, pineapple-, grow, that値l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default B101 Challenge: Foods That値l Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps

Did you know that a number of foods can be grown from various kitchen scraps? We grew a pineapple simply by cutting off the top of a pineapple . . .

Foods That you Can Grow From Scraps:

1. Pineapple- simply cut off the top and plant it, complete directions here
    2. Onions/Scallions- Complete directions here

So here's a challenge for you-

Can you name a food that can be grown from kitchen scraps, WITHOUT Repeating Anyone else who's posted before you?

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Foods That値l Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps

One item that I've grown from leftover scraps is fresh Ginger. It's super easy to regorw, you just slice of a section of ginger rhizome (the rhizome is the really thick knobbly part that you cook with) in potting soil with the smallest buds facing upward.

You must keep Ginger in lightly filtered, not direct, sunlight in a warm moist environment. I keep it in a windowsill that has a light filtering blind down all the time.

The plant will establish itself really fast and when you’re ready to harvest, all you have to do is pull up the whole plant, roots and all. Remove a piece of the rhizome, and re-plant it to start all over again!
    Rolling with the Punches, folks, nothing to see here...

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I haven't seen garlic yet!!
    You can re-grow a plant from just a single clove , all you have to do is just plant it with the fatter root-end down. It's needs well drained soil in lots of sun.
    The garlic will root itself and produce new shoots. After it gets established make sure that you cut back the shoots so the little plant can put all its energy into producing a big fat garlic bulb, otherwise you'll get an anorexic looking garlic bulb. You can replant cloves over and over again too. More free food!

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Avocados, I just put into a pot with enough soil to cover it, keep it moist. I gotten 3 trees this way.
    from the land of moo cows & orange trees

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use potatoes that are getting old and starting to sprout in my garden. I cut them up and leave at least 2 eyes on each one. They work pretty well.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Romaine Lettuce: Cut across leaving the the end cap whole and you ca regorw fresh lettuce from it. Just plant and lightly water, filtered light.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Potatoes are that way. Farmers in our area are planting them now. I am going to be getting some in a pot (we live in a rental and there is no wear to Garden. I am going to try some of these other items also. Does anyone know if Pineapple will grow in the Georgia/Florida area?

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure if this would count completely but we have been very succesful with regrowing pumpkins for the past several years. About two years ago we bought some pumpkins for the holidays for decorations. As they began to age, and wither away we put them beside the garage instead of the trash. Over the winter the pumpkins continued to deteriate and in the spring we raked the whole pile into a long line. By fall we had pumpkins again for decorating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast