Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: 5 easy steps kids can take to save Mom's money

Kids cost money, there's no question, but here are 5 easy ways your kids can help save YOU some cash

Read More: Article: 5 easy steps kids can take to save Mom's money

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I loved your article, but I wanted to ask for a little bit of clarification on something:

3. Toilet paper should never be used in more than 3 squares. If more wiping is required use wipes. **Ours are reusable cloth**
    Do you meant that you make your Toilet Paper?

When I first read that they shouldn't be using more than 3 squares I was thinking immediately about how our particular brand of TP has reduced the size of their "square" in order to save money. Oh, they still have 1,000 sheets per roll, but the sheets are literally half the size they used to be.

Another comment on TP- the "Fluffier" brands that boast about being quilted are HORRIBLE for septic tanks. Think of it as flushing a pillow down the potty, because that's what it looks like in your tank, which will cost you oodles more money in the long run having the tank pumped.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our Toilet paper is 2 ply and regular sized squares. I have never seen smaller squares before! It is not the extra fluffy and quilted kind. Good for a quick wipe, but not good for the serious business. I have a container of cloth squares (re-purposed from receiving blankets, old washcloths, etc) which we use for the heavy duty wiping. Just have a spray bottle of water handy to wet your cloth before using.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: 5 easy steps kids can take to save Mom's money

Quote Originally Posted by SarahCampbell View Post
    Our Toilet paper is 2 ply and regular sized squares. I have never seen smaller squares before! It is not the extra fluffy and quilted kind. Good for a quick wipe, but not good for the serious business. I have a container of cloth squares (re-purposed from receiving blankets, old washcloths, etc) which we use for the heavy duty wiping. Just have a spray bottle of water handy to wet your cloth before using.

that's a neat idea! On the shrinking Toilet Paper- it's actually quite common for brands to do. Here's an example- years ago when we first started by Scott Tissue- the rolls were 1,000 sheets long and the size of each sheet was 4.5" x 4.5" , then they reduced them to 4.4, then 4.0 and now they're 3.7" which is about 800 inches shorter than when they started.
    Name:  scott2010mp.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  40.9 KB Check out this clever site, "MousePrint" to see the complete details Mouse Print* – Sneaky Fine Print»Blog Archive » Scott Toilet Paper: Here We Shrink Again
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101