Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-19-2014, 09:54 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
- Sunny SoCal
Delicious Three Cheese Chicken Rolls
My husband is diabetic so I have been doing lots of experimenting in the kitchen trying to keep the carb counts down with our meals. We had these the other day and they were absolutely delicious! Even my children loved them!
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 head broccoli (steamed)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 egg white
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parsley
pinch of salt
pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. If you haven't already done so start your broccoli in the steamer. You can also steam the stem you just need to peel it first.
3. Slice chicken breasts the long way so that each one is now half as thick as before.
4. Use a meat mallet to pound chicken to a 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Check your steamed broccoli. If done rinse quickly in cool water.
6. Chop broccoli into very small pieces.
7. Combine chopped broccoli and all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. I like to use plastic gloves to mix it by hand.
8. Spread the cheese mixture lightly onto one side of each chicken breast.
9. Roll chicken breast like you would a jelly roll. Secure with tooth pick if needed.
10. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 30 to 40 minutes or until meet thermometer reads 170 degrees.
11. Once cooks slice chicken into mini rolls to use as an appetizer or leave in larger rolls and serve over sautéed Shirataki noodles with a side of broccoli or zucchini to make a meal.
By mos in forum Left Over LayeringReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2009, 01:08 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
By mos in forum Left Over LayeringReplies: 0Last Post: 09-13-2008, 02:57 PM