Premeditated Leftovers- What are Your Faves?

Leftovers are rarely anyone's "First Choice" while digging through the fridge, but that doesn't mean we don't have "Premeditated leftovers". You know what I mean... when you make a main dish and already have a dish (or 2 or 3) planned for the next few days from the leftovers of the first dish.

dish, challenge, leftovers, premeditated, main, favorite, leftovers-, question, side, button, reply, preplan, premeditate, meal, play, answer, wondering, orka, ease, dishes, veggies, steamed, learn, http://www.budget101.com/budget101-contests/budget101-challenges-aka-b101challenge-4209.html, challenges, budget101, perfect, cook, giveaway, goodie, steamer, easiest, http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=utf8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=orka%20steamer&linkcode=ur2&tag=budget101com-20&url=search-alias%3daps, cookware, broccoli, make, anyones, rarely, faves, choice, fridge, digging, planned, soup, split, leftover, cheese, days, homemade, baked

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Premeditated Leftovers- What are Your Faves?

Leftovers are rarely anyone's "First Choice" while digging through the fridge, but that doesn't mean we don't have "Premeditated leftovers". You know what I mean... when you make a main dish and already have a dish (or 2 or 3) planned for the next few days from the leftovers of the first dish.

For example: Baked Ham on the first day, Homemade Mac & Cheese with Ham & Broccoli on the 2nd day, Split Pea Soup with Leftover Ham on the 3rd day, etc

The Challenge Question is : Tell us all about your favorite Premeditated Leftovers- what is your favorite main dish (or even a side dish) where you preplan (premeditate!) the next meal?

Wondering How to Play? Hit the reply button and answer the challenge question! (Seriously, that's it)

What is the Goodie Giveaway for this Challenge?

Orka Steamer Cookware, the easiest way to cook perfect steamed veggies & side dishes with ease!

Learn More about Budget101 Challenges Here!

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Budget101 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Premeditated Leftovers- What are Your Faves?

I like to roast either a turkey or whole chicken planning to eat the white meat on the first day with sides, make potpies a day or two later and the third meal is homemade chicken or turkey n veggie noodle soup with homemade garlic bread. I usually get three or four deep dish potpies , so that means at least two more potpie meals if we don't have company for dinner. We eat off the left over soup for lunch a couple of days. Sometimes if there is enough turkey, we will make sandwiches for lunch. My family never complains because I try to break our poultry meals up by slipping in pork or beef every other day. One roasted bird makes quit a few meals so it's not only delicious it saves us money. When I cooked the chicken I usually only get one made over meal since it's smaller than a turkey.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made homemade Turkey Noodles from the broth I saved from two turkeys that I cooked over the pasted two months. The next night I made a big pot of chilli. The next night I mixed equal amounts of the noodles to the chilli, and added a little bit of cheese at the end, homemade chili mac, or noodles that my boys pointed out that I didn't use macaroni noodles.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've saved the broth from two turkeys, and froze it. Thawed it before making four batches of homemade noodles. The next night I made chilli. The following night I mixed equal parts chilli and noodles, and added some cheese after it was heated through for homemade chilli mac, or noodles and my boys pointed out that I didn't use macaroni noodles.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

ring bologna and baked potato. We slice these up and pan-fry them with mushrooms, onions, scrambled eggs and a little bit of cheese at the very end. It's my favorite left-over meal.

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cook a large pork tenderloin in the crock pot-half for one meals, then the other half I will shred, add bbq sauce and put it into a crock pot later in the week for pulled pork sandwiches. I make my own bbq sauce so I always have some on hand.
    bamo72

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I scramble up a lot of hamburger then I take it out of the pan, put hasbrowns in and cook until crunchy. Add some of the hamburger and some peas and scramble up. Hopefully there is enough left for breakfast the next morning.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I make pot roast I use a large enough rose so I van make hand held meat pies with the leftovers

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast