Article: Starting a Garden for $10

When planning a garden, the first thing you must decide is your budget. For those who do not have much to spare, planning ahead is the most important key to a successful garden. Here's how to get your garden started for under $10 . . Read More: Article: Starting a Garden for $10

garden, article, planning, starting, successful, important, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=4373-starting-a-garden-for-10, read, ahead, started, thing, decide, budget, spare

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Starting a Garden for $10

When planning a garden, the first thing you must decide is your budget. For those who do not have much to spare, planning ahead is the most important key to a successful garden. Here's how to get your garden started for under $10 . .

Read More: Article: Starting a Garden for $10

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I'm ready to start thinking about my garden for this year. I try to keep a gardening journal, but haven't done super at it. I love the ideas of saving money by using seeds that we already have. Thanks!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you are just starting out with gardening many things can be grown in containers! Lettuce, carrots, radishes, even potatoes and onions! Bush type beans and tomatoes do well also in containers! I've even grown zucchini in low wide pot.

Recycle containers, old plastic storage containers that might be cracked or have lost their lids can be used. just place bricks or rocks in the bottom, put in some drainage holes and you have great container to use for patio gardening.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm ready to start my garden. I have been thinking of ways to make raised beds to plant my garden in. I have trouble with certain four legged family members walking through and taking naps in my vegetable garden. I put border fences around my flower beds and they seem to walk right by them, so I think if I plant my vegetable in raised beds I'll have better success.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

dont have much space but going to give this a whirl. Growing up my family always had a garden but now that I live in a subdivision that will make it a little tricky. But I am gonna try!!!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

what about container gardens

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I try to do a garden every year, but can never decide what to grow - we have limited space and ..well, I don't have that green of a thumb .. some things just don't come thrive well under my care! I hear starting the seeds in egg shells is supposed to give them a good start.. I think I'll try that this year..any thoughts?

Ground Level Lurker
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried container gardening year before last. I actually got more tomatoes from the containers than the ones I planted in the ground. I compost and each year I add 40 lb. bags of manure and 40 lb. bags of soil. Where I used to live, the tomatoes just "volunteered" to come up. I would move them where I wanted them. My herb garden did quite well and this past summer I began another herb garden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast