Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mince and Potatoes
01-18-2014, 01:32 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
Mince and Potatoes
My boyfriend is Scottish, and his dad has taught me all different kinds of ways to eat cheap. Of everything I've tried, this is one of the recipes I was sure I'd like the least... Turns out it's one of my faves! Not only that, but it's dirt cheap to make and is basically a set & forget meal.
What you need
-1lb ground beef
-Bouillon (I use an oxo cube)
-Flour or Bisto to thicken
-Butter or Margarine (optional)
1. Brown ground beef and onion (you can use other vegetables too if you want to make a healthier version or have veggies to use up - root ones work best) in a pot
2. Add water and bullion to pot (about 3/4 - 1 cup) and let simmer for 30 mins - 4 hours (the longer the better), Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Make potatoes of your choice (I like to do it with mashed, so I use milk and butter).
4. Add thickener to meat until desired thickness is reached
5. Put meat/veggie mixture on potatoes and enjoy!
It may not sound like the most appealing meal, but trust me - It's absolutely delicious and incredibly adaptable to your own personal tastes! Not only that, but it's super filling and could easily fill a big family on a budget.