Hi! :39: My name is Patricia, and I have been married to my husband for almost 5 years(May!) We have 3 children (5y girl, 4y girl, and 2.5y boy) together. He also has 3 children from previous relationships. Hence the reason to REALLY save more money.

I recently went back to work(July 2013), and in doing so, lost almost all of our government help. The younger 2 still get WIC(Thank the Lord for not asking for proof of income at our last appointment) and if I can avoid overtime like the plague for 1.5 months, we might be able to get them back on CHIPS(state sponsored insurance with a yearly fee and copays).

We are getting a GREAT deal on our rent! $895/mo for a 3/2 or 4/2 if you include the den. DH doesn't want to move, and we haven't been able to find any cheaper/smaller houses close to where we work. I want to get rid of the home phone, but our cellphones(tracfone) have crappy reception. I try to keep the heat set low(65 in the winter) and the air set high(78 in the summer which can be difficult in Texas). That really just leaves us food where we can cut back, but we don't really have enough for food.

I thought about getting a part-time job, but that would increase childcare costs and decrease the amount of sleep I get. =(

Any and ALL reasonable suggestions are appreciated!