Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm one of the biggest cheapskates you will probably ever meet. I made some major changes to the way I shop and live several years ago when I began home-schooling my son who has a learning disability. The public school system wasn't working for him so I did what I had to do. This meant a drastic reduction in income and a redefining of the word 'necessary'. I've done very well with using my resources to the fullest. Extreme couponing has made more possible than I ever imagined. It has allowed me not only to provide well for my own family, but to reach out to others in need.

I've always enjoyed learning and working with my hands. I'm a self-taught gardener, cook, carpenter, crafter, electrician, seamstress, plumber, photographer, and so much more. I have a bachelors degree in teaching with a concentration in science, and I'm a freelance writer. There isn't much I haven't done so if you have a question, chances are I have the answer. Don't be afraid to ask!

I'm looking forward to learning from and sharing info with the other members on this site.