Downloads
    Uploads

Default Frugal Graduation Gift Idea

My neice just graduated from high school and I wanted to give her a neat gift
    but not spend a fortune. I got an idea from a "specialty" catalog that I receive
    in the mail - theirs was almost $60 and my version was under $15.

What I did was buy a 16x20 frame from a craft store (AC Moore) and the bought a
    mat that had an opening for a 5x7 picture. I put a picture we took of her and
    her family at graduation in that. The mat has plenty of room for her friends and
    family to write her little notes. I was thinking that I'd have to have a mat cut
    special for it, but one of the employees helped me find a mat that was ready
    made. It actually was double matted - the first opening was for an 8x10 picture
    and then had a smaller mat for a 5x7 photo. My neice really liked it a lot too.
    I thought it was perfect for someone that age especially - but would also be
    nice for an anniversary party, retirement party, etc. Any occasion really where
    people would have occasion to leave special thoughts or messages for someone.

Kathy

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Frugal Graduation Gift Idea

Thats such a lovely idea. Another one I've seen is a charm for a charm bracelet - in the shape of a diploma.

Important Moderator Note Unapproved Advertising Link Removed

Middle of the United States in the state of Missouri
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cute Idea, I like it!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! I have 4 graduations to attend this year!