Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-13-2014, 01:32 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2013
- West Chester, PA
Lime and Honey CheeseCake with Strawberries Recipe
This delicious and yummy cake does not need any baking. All you have to do is whisk all the ingredients and let it chill.
For the biscuit base:
- 175g digestive biscuits
- 75g butter
- 2 tbsp. clear honey
For the filling:
- 350g mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 large limes, grated rind and juice
- 300ml double cream
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp. clear honey
- 1 lime, juice only
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 150g raspberries
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with the help of rolling pin or blitz. Crush them until they become fine crumbs. Heat honey and butter in a saucepan on medium a temperature. Mix the biscuits crumbs properly into it. Grease a tin with butter and tip this mixture into the tin. Press it over the base and keep it for chilling while making cheesecake.
- With the help of whisking technique, take a mascarpone cheese in a large bowl and make it soft. Add honey into it and gradually whisk the lime rind and juice. Gradually later, mix the cream into it until the mixture gets a thick texture. Spoon this creamy mixture into the biscuit lined tin and spread it over the base layer in an even quality. Let the tin to get chill for four hours or may for overnight.
- To make this cake look more delicious, have a creative topping. Boil the lime juice and honey together in a saucepan at a medium temperature. Add some berries and cook for 2 minutes. Stir it gently until the juices began to run. Keep it to cool down for some time. .
- With the help of knife, unmould the cheesecake from the tin into a serving plate. Spoon the berry sauce on the top of the cake and cut them into slices to serve.
By Virginia in forum St. Patricks DayReplies: 1Last Post: 03-11-2011, 09:03 AM
By rtebalt in forum St. Patricks DayReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2009, 07:42 PM
By rtebalt in forum Mixes~MYO~Copycat~EtcReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2009, 07:49 PM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2007, 10:30 PM
By SUSAN in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 07-17-2002, 11:08 PM