Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default B101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Make-Ahead Breakfast Idea

Welcome to our Budget101 Challenge Question!

Several of our members have grown tired of the same old cold cereal, toast or oatmeal for breakfast and they want some new ideas that can be made ahead of time for those quick- out the door, kind of mornings.

The Challenge Question is : What is your favorite Make-Ahead Breakfast idea/recipe? Name:  breakfast.jpg
Views: 58796
Size:  6.5 KB

Wondering How to Play? Hit the reply button and answer the challenge question! (Seriously, that's it)

What is the Goodie Giveaway for this Challenge? A Tovolo Pancake Pen & Spatula Set

Learn More about Budget101 Challenges Here!

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Budget101 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Challenge: Share your Favorite Make-Ahead Breakfast Idea

I just found these recipes for refrigerator oatmeal made in mason jars. Easy to make, healthy, and many different flavors. I actually made 12 with 4 different flavors and am anxious to be able to try them in the am. Just grab and go!

Overnight, No-Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

The quickest and easiest way for my children to get a good breakfast is in cookie form. you can take a basic cookie recipe and add peanut butter, oatmeal and raisins, with a glass of milk you have something to go and easy.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just found this recipe last night and tried it this morning. They taste great!(I don't use stevia or anything like that so I substituted honey as a sweetener.)

Baked Oatmeal Cupcakes To Go

(makes 24-25 cupcakes)

Adapted from: Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal.

5 cups rolled oats (400g)
    2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana (For all substitutions, see nutrition link below) measured after mashing (600g)
    1 tsp salt
    5 NuNaturals stevia packets (or omit and use 5 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice–such as pure maple syrup or agave–instead)
    optional: 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
    2 2/3 cups water (640g) (If using the liquid-sweetener option, scale water back by 1/3 cup.)
    1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp oil (45g) (I really like coconut, but veg oil will also work. For lower-fat substitution notes, see nutrition link below.)
    2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc.

Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. I also like to then broil for 1-2 minutes, but it’s optional. These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.

View Nutrition Facts

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I make chocolate chip muffins on the weekend for all of us.
    bamo72

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

When my kids were growing up, I would make a huge breakfast "pizza-like" casserole on Sunday. Once cooled, I cut it into slices, put the slices in individual zipped baggies, & stored them in the refrigerator.

Come crazy Monday (or any other day) morning, everyone could grab a baggie, throw the baggie in the microwave for a few seconds if desired, and out the door they went.

A hot, healthy, satisfying meal with no utensils & no clean-up necessary!

Breakfast "Pizza" Casserole

This is just one of many "Breakfast Pizza" creations I've made. Get inventive with your food ~ It's fun!

6-8 slices Bread, crust removed & buttered on both sides (Save crusts to make homemade croutons, breadcrumbs, etc.)
    1 lb. Sausage, cooked in crumbles & drained
    8-12 Eggs
    1-2 Tbsp. Milk
    Black pepper, to taste
    8-12 oz. Shredded Cheese, your choice

Preheat oven to 450. Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. (I use a 10x15" glass casserole & the larger ingredient amounts listed above. Use smaller amounts listed if using a 9x13" casserole/pan.)

Layer buttered bread in bottom of dish making sure entire bottom is covered. This will be your "pizza" crust.

Sprinkle sausage over bread.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, & pepper together. Pour over sausage.

Cover casserole with aluminum foil & bake approximately 30-45 minutes, or until eggs are well done.

Sprinkle cheese over casserole & return to oven. Continue cooking until cheese is melted & bubbly.

If serving immediately, let casserole cool 10 minutes before cutting.
    If preparing for the week, let casserole cool completely before cutting, packaging, & storing.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do make oatmeal most mornings but I like to jazz it up once in a while...pretty easy stuff I like to add fresh fruit about a 1/4 cup to cooked oatmeal about one serving ..if you add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and a few chocolate chips in a bowl of oatmeal thats real yummy oh yes add a wee bit of cream too super yummy...
    The greatest mom alive or at least trying ☆☆☆☆☆

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My new favorite thing to do is make a potato crusted frittata on sunday and slice it up to reheat in the mornings.

2 russet potatoes diced. (boil for 10 min and drain)

4 eggs. 1/4 c milk (mix together
    peppers,onions, broccoli, garlic, mushrooms, or whatever vegitable you have on hand
    shredded cheddar cheese

in a cast iron skillet fry potatoes in 1 tblsp olive oil. Once crisp, use a potato masher to gently press into the pan to make a crust.

in another skillet sauté vegetables till soft, add egg mixture and cook for a couple of minutes. Pour on top of potato crusted skillet. top with cheese and put in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes till egg is cooked through.

I wrap slices in foil then put in toaster oven while I get read for work. If I have time I'll eat at home if not it's ready to go and I can eat in the car on the way to work.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast