Chowder ~ Chicken, White Bean and Green Chile Corn Chowder

2 lbs frozen chicken breasts, I used 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 yellow onions, chopped into 1/2" pieces 6 cloves garlic, minced 6 cups cooked great northern beans, or 4 cans 2 cups frozen corn kernels 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted green chili, frozen green chili works as well 3

Soups, chicken, cream, teaspoon, large, cups, sour, combine, heavy, frozen, green, corn, chowder, breasts, bouillon, pepper, crockpot, place, soup, stir, chopped, base, chili, cooked, tongs, shredded, easily, shred, plate, remove, pieces, simmer, hours, tender, leaving, yellow, bite-size, whisk, broth, smooth, rest, mixture, pour, bowl, small, onions, chunks, cover, back, turn

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chowder ~ Chicken, White Bean and Green Chile Corn Chowder

2 lbs frozen chicken breasts, I used 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 yellow onions, chopped into 1/2" pieces
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    6 cups cooked great northern beans, or 4 cans
    2 cups frozen corn kernels
    1 1/2 cups chopped roasted green chili, frozen green chili works as well
    3 cups water
    1 tablespoon chicken base or bouillon, I used Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
    2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2 teaspoon cumin
    2 teaspoon oregano
    1 1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup heavy cream

In a large crockpot **used a large 6 quart Crock-pot (or a large stockpot on the stove), combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the sour cream and heavy cream. Stir a bit to combine the spices with all of the liquids and then cover with the lid. Simmer on low for 6-7 hours, just until the chicken is tender and can be easily shredded.

When the chicken is cooked through, remove to a plate and shred with tongs, leaving it in bite-size chunks. Place the chicken back in the crockpot and turn off the slow cooker. Place the sour cream and heavy cream in a small bowl and add about 1/2 a cup of the soup broth. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the cream mixture into the rest of the soup and stir to combine.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chowder ~ Chicken, White Bean and Green Chile Corn Chowder

Sounds great for a cold evening meal.