Greetings to all and a Happy New Year!
My hubby and I are on a mission this year to save money. We already made the super laundry sauce and LOVE it! (He is the one who found this site and the laundry recipe)!!! I was shocked at that, because he likes to spend money. Anyhow, we have also tried the homemade dishwasher detergent. Can I say, WOW! It is better than ANY commercial brand. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! So, my mission today is to write a meal plan for a month. This task has been lurking over my shoulder for months. I seem to be overwhelmed by it. I welcome any words of advice. I sit down to do it, and I can't seem to come up with something that suits our family. I have picky eaters in this household. I have searched the web for suggestions, and they all have vague instructions. I guess I want someone to do it for me, and since that's not going to happen, I must buckle down and do it myself. I want to be able to use any leftovers. I'm going to down size my "cooking for an army" tendency. (I have 5 kids, but 1 of them has already left the nest). I hate throwing away food. It is such a waste of $. Again, any suggestions are desired and welcomed.

I have started saving in several areas already. I will share my favorite money saver. I make my own wine from scratch and from kits. I have saved a bundle on wine. Homemade wine makes great gifts for holidays and birthdays! (No, I do not drink it all myself). Although, my children have jokingly teased me to be careful. LOL. I can make a bottle of wine for roughly -3. If anyone wants to learn, I can point them in the right direction. I'm not an expert, but I have made some pretty tasty wines, if I must say so myself.

Anyhow, I'm off to investigate this site a little further. Looking for meal planning and more homemade recipes for cleaning supplies that I may find useful.