Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Super Laundry Sauce Detergent Question

OK so I made the laundry soap for the first time ( Borax, Washing soda and Fels) It went easily and smells great. However, it is not sudsing up. Is that normal?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Super Laundry Sauce Detergent Question

Quote Originally Posted by cjacksonx2 View Post
    OK so I made the laundry soap for the first time ( Borax, Washing soda and Fels) It went easily and smells great. However, it is not sudsing up. Is that normal?
    Oh I'm so happy for you, I think the first jar is always the best jar, after all the work of making it. There is a frequently asked questions page about the sauce here:

Budget101.com - - Super Laundry Sauce Frequently Asked Questions | Budget101 Laundry Detergent Recipes

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK found where it says it wasn't suppose to suds, however it also says 1 tbsp of mixture but the recipe I used ( I believe #1 ) says use 1/2 cup. Which one is right?
    Last edited by FreebieQueen; 01-03-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cjacksonx2 View Post
    OK found where it says it wasn't suppose to suds, however it also says 1 tbsp of mixture but the recipe I used ( I believe #1 ) says use 1/2 cup. Which one is right?
    If you made the Super Laundry Sauce Recipe, which I Invented in My kitchen Personally - than You would follow MY directions because I can Assure you, you do NOT want to be using 1/2 a cup of Highly concentrated Soap on your clothing.

My Original Laundry Sauce Recipes are:

1. Super Laundry Sauce- Original Cook Method
    2. Super Laundry Sauce- No Fail, NO Cook Method
    3. Lavender Super Laundry Sauce & Softener Concentrate
    4. Super Laundry Sauce Frequently Asked Questions

That is not to say that you didn't make one of the literally hundreds of Other Homemade Laundry Soap Recipes that are on our site. Many of those do require you to use Up to 1/3 of a cup, but this would only be if it contains at LEAST a Gallon of water in the recipe.

Did your recipe use a gallon of water??

If it does, check out these recipes to see if it more closely matches the one you made:

Budget101.com - - Make Your Own Laundry Detergents, Stain Removers, Pre-Wash Sprays and More!

I Love that people share the recipe on FB, but hate that they don't link back to the original recipe, I spent days testing this and trying different versions before I ever shared it online. All the mistakes I've made and fixed perfecting it, people are now repeating all because someone just copied and pasted without attribution.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. I do use this laundry soap. I love it but I am having a problem. My boyfriends tee shirts have an offal smell to them when left sitting in a draw which spreads to anything in with them. No matter what I use to clean them, The smell comes back. What would you suggest I used or make to get rid of this smell? I have used the plain laundry sauce and the one with the purex pearls in it.
    Thanks

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made Liss's Super Laundry Sauce for the 1st time and it turned out great! I have been using it and followed the directions, using a TBS per laundry load. My 1st load of laundry, I washed my husband's Work Jackets. They were quite greasy, as he wears them while working in the garage. I can tell you that this Laundry Sauce is wonderful My husband's jackets look like new again. I did not pre-treat, I just used the sauce as directed. I am sold on this Laundry Sauce and will be telling my friends and family. I don't get any funny or offensive smell that rubythill speaks of in her post. Thanks Liss for sharing your recipe.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone used essential oils in the recipe? I didn't like the chemicals that I read we're unsigned the crystals.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've had this problem with husband shirts also. if one is even a little bit damp when I put it away he notices the musty smell. It goes against my tightwad ways, but I run them in the dryer longer than I want to & that seems to have taken care of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast