Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef

Here's a recipe that I had forgotten about until my sister mentioned making it recently. I had forgotten that I had given her recipe cards with recipes that I knew that she and her family would enjoy years ago. Don't worry, I did give them more than just some recipes...giggle... She's still

apple, meat, recipes, corned, sugar, brown, beef, giggle, cooking, chunks, large, medium, liquid, recipe, half, vegetables, forgotten, hours, potatoes, peeled, onion, pared, carrots, quarters, remove, high, slice, thinly, serves, serve, grain, cook, place, ingredients, cabbage, head, slow, cooker, gently, stir, small, eighths, food, years, enjoy, worry, give, family, mentioned, sister

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Piggy Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef

Here's a recipe that I had forgotten about until my sister mentioned making it recently. I had forgotten that I had given her recipe cards with recipes that I knew that she and her family would enjoy years ago. Don't worry, I did give them more than just some recipes...giggle... She's still after me for my secret ingredient for my spaghetti sauce and chili...giggle... Anyway, I jotted down all of the recipes that I didn't remember and can share them with you...my food friends;-D
    1 corned beef brisket, about 4 pounds
    4 cups apple juice
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 tbs prepared mustard
    6 to 8 small to medium red potatoes, cut in half or quarters
    2 to 3 medium carrots, pared and cut into chunks
    1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths

1/2 head cabbage, cut into chunks
    Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker (cut meat in half if necessary). Stir gently to mix. Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Remove meat and vegetables and some of the cooking liquid. Slice meat thinly across the grain. Serve with vegetables and some of the cooking liquid. Serves 4 to 6.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef

That sounds interesting. I would try it. Thanks!