Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Veggie Quesadillas
01-03-2014, 10:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
1 1/2 tablespoons evoo
2-3 cups mixed fresh veggies-diced/sliced (bell peppers,
mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, etc.)
1 teaspoon chili powder
Juice from one lime
s and p-to taste
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese-grated
8 tortillas-flour or whole wheat
Butter for cooking
Optional toppings: sour cream, avocado, cilantro, hot peppers, salsa
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Throw in the diced onions and veggies and cook for 4 or 5 minutes
3. Add the chili powder, lime juice and salt to the veggie mix.
4. Heat large skillet or griddle to 375 degrees over medium heat.
5. In a large bowl mix together the veggies and grated cheese.
Spread a thin layer of the mixture on four of the tortillas and then top
them with the other four.
6. Melt a little butter on the griddle or in the pan.
Cook the quesadillas for several minutes until the bottom starts to brown.
(Can add a little dab of butter on the top).
Once it browns, flip and repeat on the other side until lightly browned.
7. Let the quesadilla cool for a few minutes before cutting for the best
By dealfindingmom in forum Coupons Galore $Replies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:10 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum Coupons Galore $Replies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2011, 04:40 AM
By ab2401 in forum General RecipesReplies: 4Last Post: 12-17-2008, 01:23 AM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
By mos in forum Dirt Cheap DinnersReplies: 0Last Post: 02-11-2006, 07:36 PM