Thread: Good Haul

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Good Haul

Just got back from the store for my weekly shopping. Spent and got 10 pounds burger (made 11 meals), 3 pounds chicken breasts (made 4 meals), 3 pounds of chicken legs (made 4 meals), 2 pounds of chicken livers (4 meals), cottage cheese, 1 eggplant, 5 pounds of mandarins, 2 pounds of limes, 2 pounds of bananas. This will get us through about 2 weeks. So excited!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Good Haul

Hello dbhrkns and welcome to Budget 101!
    Wow, an excellent shopping trip!!! Sounds like you've got mad skills that need to be shared...looking forward
    to your input!
    Enjoy and best wishes!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Good Haul

Thank you MrsPaws. I live in Alaska and it is most of the time hard to find deals on meat. I have been watching Wal-Mart meat department and have found that the third week of the month they do a clearance. As there are only myself and my fiancée we can stretch the meat a little further. Vegetables and fruit is where we spend most of our dollars. We only have about 2-3 months that we can get produce other than at stores. This is where we need the help. Trying to find the best deals on produce. $1.50 for a red pepper is a great deal around here.