Traditional Martini

Traditional Martini

This is not what most of you expect, but since it is New Year's Eve, why not start the evening with what I think is one of the most romantic drinks? (Or maybe I've just od'd on James Bond movies...giggle...) Traditional Martini 3 ounces dry gin 1 ounce dry vermouth 2-4 dashes orange bitters 2

glass, traditional, vermouth, shaker, peel, cocktail, martini, bitters, lemon, stir, mixing, place, 20-30, filled, drink, drop, enjoy, suey, year, happy, piece, twist, cold, strain, glasses, chilled, small, seconds, ounce, evening, start, romantic, years, expect, drinks, ounces, dashes, orange, giggle, movies, bond, james, strips

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scissors Traditional Martini

This is not what most of you expect, but since it is New Year's Eve, why not start the evening with what I think is one of the most romantic drinks? (Or maybe I've just od'd on James Bond movies...giggle...)
    Traditional Martini
    3 ounces dry gin
    1 ounce dry vermouth
    2-4 dashes orange bitters
    2 strips of lemon peel
    Place gin, vermouth and bitters in a mixing glass or cocktail shaker filled with ice. Stir for 20-30 seconds or until the outside of the glass or shaker is ice cold.
    Strain into two small chilled cocktail glasses. Twist a piece of lemon peel over each drink and drop in.
    Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Traditional Martini

I have never seen bitters in a martini recipe. I think it will make a real difference. Brilliant!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Traditional Martini

...giggle...it works well (I used to tend bar in my college days at a place where they served more than shots and a beer -- yeah, I'm dating myself) if it's a martini with a twist. It's not so good with olives! LOL! I got the job because the person that I was supposed to interview with was in a meeting. Soooo, having an excellent memory, I went to the nearest bookstore, looked up the current edition of Mr. Boston and memorized the top 'cocktail' recipes. It worked! I got the job and made great money! Funny note -- the very first drink that I was requested to make was a Manhattan...I had no clue, but fortunately the bar had Mr. Boston and I sneaked a look as best as I could and made one...successfully! Back to the martini...since I went with the 'traditional' recipe...I was labeled as making the best martinis in town! LOL! That is, until I found out that bitters don't go well with olives! LOL! If they didn't specify, I made it with a twist!