Burritos- Dirt Cheap Dinners

I had several cans of refried beans left from somethins--I never use them at home, preferring to make my own. Anyway, I also had about 20 tortillas left over and an open jar of home made salsa. I used 2 cans of the beans, shredded some cheese and in about 20 minutes made 14 burritos to put in

home, burritos, made, cans, beans, left, cheap, dinner, minutes, cheese, freezer, total, cost, shredded, pull, salad, dirt, open, preferring, make, refried, somethins--i, salsa, tortillas

Thread: Burritos

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Burritos

I had several cans of refried beans left from somethins--I never use them at home, preferring to make my own. Anyway, I also had about 20 tortillas left over and an open jar of home made salsa. I used 2 cans of the beans, shredded some cheese and in about 20 minutes made 14 burritos to put in freezer for less than total cost. Pull those out, add a salad and a dirt cheap dinner.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Burritos

I love the way you used up what you had... Especially making a freezer convenience meal out of them!
    Thanks for sharing!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I love to do. Just use what I have and make a new meal out of it. Good job!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great but the concept of "leftover tortillas" is foreign to me. We eat them up pretty fast.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, we do too. What I had was 5 or 6 left from a batch I had made the day before when we thought our daughter and family were coming to dinner. They couldn't make it, so I had leftover tortillas. I usually make about 60 and freeze in packages of 10.
    Monna in Susanville