Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Budget101 Countdown to Christmas Day #5 (1 day left!)

Welcome to our Budget101.com Countdown to Christmas Challenge Day #4- Each day we'll be bringing you a new challenge question and giving you the opportunity to win one (or all!) of our fantastic Giveaway Goodies.

Challenge Question of the Day:

We love Gag Gifts! Whether they're called Gag Gifts, Yankee Swaps, White Elephant Gifts, Chinese Auctions, etc- it's all about the Novelty! Share your favorite Gag Gift Idea or Gag Gift Story to be automatically entered into our next goodie Giveaway!

Here's how to Play:

1. Reply to this thread and answer the Budget101 Challenge Question listed Above
    2. 1 Lucky Recipient will be randomly selected from all qualifying entries
    3. To Save time, make sure your address is filled out in your User Control Panel

Today's Giveaway Goodie is: A Soda Stream -
    myo soda/pop/carbonated beverages for a fraction of the price!
    Name:  41faUJIFJoL._AA160_.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  4.8 KBRead More about Budget101 Challenges and how they work here!

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Budget101 Countdown to Christmas Day #5 (1 day left!)

Two of my favorites are the Redneck Wine Glass which is made with a mason jar and a glass candle holder glued together, you add a nice ribbon and card to it if you're giving it as a gift and my second favorite homemade gag gift idea is the "Go ask your Mother Button" It's a little button like the "easy" button that the office supply store uses except that it says, "GO Ask your Mother" about 10 different ways. My other half LOVES it and uses it whenever the kids ask him questions.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure whether or not I can even share this idea, but I guess since I'm still being moderated the mods can delete it if it doesn't meet the sites guidelines! Last year I made funny wiener cleaner soaps to sell at the craft fairs. You just use melt and pour glycerin soap base, add sparkles or whatever scents you want using essential oils and then pour the soap into donut pans (the baking kind). Then you add a handmade tag that says "Generic Wiener Cleaner", one size fits most. You can use the mini donut pan too! Add a little note on the card that says if the wiener cleaner gets stuck soak in COLD water to remove.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

My daughter made me a cute gag gift one year, she made a homemade coffee mug out of clay and then "squeezed" it right before it was baked in the kiln. She paint, "I flunked Anger Management" on it and added fake "cracks" in the glass. It was the best homemade present I ever received even though it was meant as a gag gift because I had gotten mad and thrown my coffee mug at the wall at work. HAHAHA, I really did have to take an anger management class so I didn't lose my job.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had a White Elephant Exchange at work and a guy that is really serious and quiet reserved ended up with a naughty nurse Halloween costume. It was hilarious, one of the most fun gag exchanges I had ever been in. (oh and he took it all in stride as best as he could)

Winning a soda stream would make my Christmas quite merry! I been wanting one for sometime, but tell myself "I don't really NEED it"

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if it's the best, but it is the most memorable: last Christmas, we had a gag exchange. The gift I received was from my sis-in-law. She purchased the largest size of nylon "granny panties" she could find. Then, she mixed melted chocolate with a little red food dye to make the panties appear used. Definitely gonna remember it for years to come.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only prank gift I ever gave was a gizmo to put inside the toilet paper roll. When it was unrolled, it played a tune. The one I chose was the "Happy Birthday" song, but there is a recordable one available at Amazon, called "Talking TP". It took my friend a while to figure out where the sound came from!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Potty-Pourri Bottles I made last year from the site were a big hit at our Chinese Auction. (I dont know how to link to it, but its right on the gag gifts page on Budget101)

My sister is always worried about her weight even though she's just a bean pole so I made her a belt out of a measuring tape and when it's tightened and worn correctly you can see exactly what her waist measurement is. I used a fabric measuring tape and an old belt buckle that I remvoed from one of my husbands belts he doesn't ever wear.

Disclaimer- don't read the next one if you're easily offended! Adults Only!

There was very Naughty gift that was passed around, It was a tube of Superglue with a tag on it that said, "Virginity Restoring Cream" by Vagisealed Shut Corp. It was crude, but really Funny at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast