Deal GURU

Default bread recipies for oven

I got this "idiot proof" recipe off another list I used to belong to. I NEVER had successfully made my own bread before this. Now with this recipe, I have made it into loaves, rolls, pizza crust, flattened it out and filled it with pizza type fillings and folded it over and pressed the edges. You can experiment to no end with this thing.

3 cups flour ( I use white, have used 1/2 white & 1/2 wheat )
    1 tablespoon yeast
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3 tablespoons sugar

-Stir all this together and then add 1 1/4 cup hot tap water, mix together just until it's all mixed in a lump. Let it sit for around 10 or 15 minutes, this is very important. Then I knead it on the counter with some flour put down so it don't stick, you can add little bits of flour if the dough is too sticky. Then I shape it into what I want, loaf or rolls, and let it rise, I bake it at 350 until it is a nice golden brown. When I take it out I rub a stick of margarine or butter on top. Now when I use this for pizza crust, I don't let it rise much, just enough to give us a deep pan type crust.
    All of my posts were transferred from
    the budget101 Discussion list

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggerPiggyBank For This Useful Post: