Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Countdown to Christmas Day one

Welcome to our Budget101.com Countdown to Christmas Challenge Day #1 - Each day we'll be bringing you a new challenge question and giving you the opportunity to win one (or all!) of our fantastic Giveaway Goodies.

Here's how to Play:

1. Reply to this thread and answer the Budget101 Challenge Question listed below
    2. 1 Lucky Recipient will be randomly selected from all qualifying entries

What 5 things or traditions really make your holiday (be it Christmas, Yule, Kwanzaa, etc) feel like the real deal to you?

Today's Giveaway Goodie is:

Name:  41HgDGpFXTL._AA160_.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  5.0 KBa Motion Activated Digital Photo Frame with an automatic on/off sensor for longer battery life.

• Motion Sensor turns frame ON/OFF automatically when it senses you nearby
    • USB Flash Drive, SD Card & SDHC. PC Windows Compatible Only.
    • Auto Rotate Motion Sensor that rotates your photos when you rotate the frame to portrait position
    • Random Display, Split Screen Option, Mains AC Adapter included, Remote Control

Read More about Budget101 Challenges and how they work here!

B101 Challenge Update Notification  Although this thread is open for discussion, this Challenge has ended and the lucky recipient was announced in the thread at the close. 

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B101 Countdown to Christmas Challenge: Day 1

What 5 things or traditions really make your holiday (be it Christmas, Yule, Kwanzaa, etc) feel like the real deal to you?
    I thought I'd start this out myself (even though I don't qualify for the giveaway!) ha

1. We have a couple of traditions that make Christmas "feel" like christmas in our house, the first one is, we ALWAYS bake holiday cookies together. Each of us picks out 1 type of cookie to bake and we make them and decorate them together and then wrap them up and give them as gifts to our friends and neighbors.

2. We also decorate the tree and house, although this year we did so minimally.

3. We try a new EggNog recipe each year, not the drink- an actual recipe. Yesterday I made eggnog muffins which were pretty good.

4. We have Soup for Christmas Dinner each year with all of our friends. Each year one of our group of friends hosts (changes every year, we rotate) and makes a big crockpot of soup or stew. When it's my turn I pretty much prepare the veggies a day or so ahead and put them in ziplock bags or containers so on Christmas day I can just dump everything in rather than making a big meal.

5. On Christmas Eve, we track Santa with Norad and play family games together- cards, jenga, whatever. Even though the kids are older, they still seem to enjoy this family time and we usually open a Family "gift" which is a game of some sort for us to all enjoy together. One year it was Jenga, another year, phase10, etc.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. The first Snow on the ground really kicks off the season for us.
    2. Decorating the tree together as a family and making a new homemade decoration for the tree every year.
    3. Baking Goodies and putting together Family Gift Baskets for our friends & family
    4. Listening to Holiday Music, we leave it on all day long with mp3's playing
    5. We watch "The Grinch" together- I don't think there is a single person in the house that doesn't know every line by heart now!

Neat Question Liss, Thanks!
    Just paying in forward in kindness!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

every year we add to our traditions, but our 5 favorites are: tracking Santa with norad, going to the Christmas production at church, watching our magical snowmen pick different places/things to do in the house, baking cookies, and having our annual Christmas party.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Christmas traditions I love are going to look at Christmas
    Lights with Christmas music blaring and of course the Christmas
    Tree. Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 For me its the change of the weather.
    2. The good food the season brings
    3. Seeing family members you may of not seen all year.
    4. The log in the fireplace.
    5.Most of all the giving and watching everyone open their presents.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Re: B101 Countdown to Christmas Challenge: Day 1

1. Putting up the christmas tree the weekend after thanksgiving.
    2. Volenteering for the multitude of school parties. We have 3 elementary school aged children and 1 still home w me.
    3. Going to christmas eve service .
    4. Driving around to see all the christmas lights.
    5. Making all the food we just have to have during this season. Scotch eggs, cookies, carmel corn and our making a happy birthday Jesus cake.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Just spending time with my children and husband watching Christmas movies, he is in the service so having him home is a gift in itself!
    2. Baking cookies, well I bake they eat!
    3. Skyping with our family since we do not have family here.
    4. Doing the Elf on the Shelf, a fun activity for the whole family.
    5. Driving around to look at the Christmas lights!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast