2 cups cooked chopped chicken
    4-oz jar four cheese Alfredo sauce
    .5-oz envelope taco seasoning mix OR Fajita Seasoning Mix
    2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
    8 flour tortillas
    1 cup green taco sauce

1/2 cup light cream OR evaporated milk
    1-1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
    In heavy skillet, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until crisp tender. Remove from heat and combine in medium bowl with green chiles, chicken, Alfredo sauce, taco seasoning mix, and spinach. Mix well.
    Divide chicken mixture among tortillas and roll up. In medium bowl combine taco sauce and cream and mix well. Place 1/2 cup of the taco sauce mixture in bottom of 13x9" glass baking dish. Arrange filled tortillas on top. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce mixture. If desired, cover with foil and chill in refrigerator for 8-24 hours. Or bake it right away. When ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the casserole, covered, for 35-40 minutes until hot. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted. If you're baking it from the fridge, add an extra 10-15 minutes to the covered baking time.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spinach-Chicken Enchiladas

I made this last night, and on the first bite my family didn't like it because of the spinach and they are used to a more traditional enchilada, however...the dish was empty in the fridge this morning! lol! It is pretty good.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL! Sounds like your family 'reconsidered' what they liked! ...giggle... I love spinach and try to come up with ways to incorporate it into a variety of recipes. At the time that I made this dish, I was low on veggies but had frozen spinach...sooo...I decided to try it this way...giggle... Sooo make-do enchiladas with chicken became Spinach-Chicken Enchiladas!
    Side note: My DM's recipe for getting someone to eat spinach dishes was to add sliced hard boiled eggs. On the other hand my DF's recipe for the same was to add a tbs of ranch dressing. For what it's worth, everything that either one of them prepared (with their own special ingredient) was consumed heartily! LOL!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds delicious, will have to try very soon!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I so hope that your family enjoys it! As I said, I LOVE spinach, and am always trying to develop ways to figure it into my meals.