Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'm a Newie too!

Hi everyone, I live in Texas and I'm learning how to can my foods, veggie gardening and learning how to make things from scratch. When I say from scratch I am referring to cooking, cleaning, sewing (I'm learning) and just about anything else that catches my attention. I hope I can come to you (my new friends) when I don't know how to do something or if you have an easier way for me to do things. So far I've been making my own laundry detergent for two years now. It works great even in our hard water. We also make our own sausage and Boudin because MSG in not allowed in our house. We have learned the hard way that MSG is in almost all processed foods. So now I am looking for recipes for dry soup mixes. All suggestions are welcomed!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I'm a Newie too!

I am new as well and I am so excited to have found this site. My family recently has lost some income so instead of being down and depresssed we are gonna look to more positive side and try to do the best we can. I look forward to learning all the money saving tips and if we can get a thing or 2 free from time to time some how well that would be a huge plus...i have read where ppl has gotten lots of item for free or almost free by coupons...so my mind is open and im ready to learn.