? on preservation of mixes

I was wanting to know how long the mixes and meals would last if they were placed in air-tight sealed bags. Has anyone tried this or what is the best way for the longest-term preservation. How long before they need to be used? Thanks, Dana

meals, mixes, preservation, long, dana, longest-term, wanting, air-tight, sealed, bags

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ? on preservation of mixes

I was wanting to know how long the mixes and meals would last if they were placed in air-tight sealed bags. Has anyone tried this or what is the best way for the longest-term preservation. How long before they need to be used?

Thanks,

Dana

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ? on preservation of mixes

Quote Originally Posted by dnichols View Post
    I was wanting to know how long the mixes and meals would last if they were placed in air-tight sealed bags. Has anyone tried this or what is the best way for the longest-term preservation. How long before they need to be used?

Thanks,
    Dana
    It depends on what's in them. If they have shortening they should be used within 6 months (if VACUUM sealed). If in jars or ziplock baggies only, they should be used within 3 months.

If they contained powdered milk, we've stored them up to 3 months vacuum sealed without issue.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ? on preservation of mixes

There's actually a page on the kitchenmixgifts part of Budget101.com that addresses this question in more detail. You can view it here:

Frequently Asked Questions
    ~ Lioness~