expensive and the areas around the park about the same. I would
    communicate with Disneyland to get some idea about costs. For
    example, ask them how much the soup in a bread bowl is. That was our
    kids favorite and I believe it was around $5-$7 then. The Anaheim
    Chamber of Commerce should be able to help also. There was an IHOP
    close to the park. Their website should be able to give you menu
    costs, also.

It was fun and we planned our day at the park to choose just one eating
    place. We brought our own water to save drink costs.

Deborah
    New Jersey
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    All of my posts were transferred from
    the budget101 Discussion list
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggerPiggyBank For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, hi fellow Canadian! Food is expensive any touristy spot that you go, you should just expect that, it's the way it is. We've been a couple times to Disneyland, and we always stay at the Howard Johnsons. It's right across from the entrance to Disneyland, you can walk, there are lots and lots of restaurants right on the same street, again you can walk. If you want to do other stuff like Sea World in San Diego, there are shuttle buses that you can buy tickets on. The ride to San Diego is about 1.5 hours. The place is all set up for guests, so it's pretty easy.
    Mary in Alberta

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggerPiggyBank For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

My family is planning a trip to Disneyland in November and I would love some ideas also.

We went there in July 2004 and discovered that eating in the park was very expensive. For a family of 5 we normally spent about $50.00 a meal. Eating out of the park is cheaper, but not great. I didn't eat there, but my cousin who spends a lot of time at Disneyland (several trips a year) swears that Mimi's Cafe is affordable and good. I would recommend getting a hotel that has a free breakfast, a microwave and a refrigerator in the room. That way you can eat breakfast for free, and could buy food to keep in the room for one meal, maybe dinner, and then you only eat one meal in the Disneyland Park.

These are my ideas based on my experiences. Hopefully someone else can give us some more tips.

didikins

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggerPiggyBank For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely go to the library and check out a book on going to Disneyland. They make several different ones and they will tell you so much about when and where to eat, best times to go to the park and which ones, which rides to ride and when, etc. They even have tips in them such as the best time to go see the animals is actually before the park officially opens when they are feeding them, because they are all out where you can see them. I don't know if you're library will have these books, though being in Canada. Even if you have to buy one off of Amazon.com, it is well worth the money. This helped us more than anything anyone could tell us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BiggerPiggyBank For This Useful Post: