1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 cup mashed banana
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil
Nonstick cooking spray
Blend together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Blend together beaten egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in flour mixture into the banana mixture, blending only until flour mixture is moistened.
Spray an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool bread in the pan for approximately 10 minutes, then remove bread from pan and cool it thoroughly on a wire rack.
A friend was put on medication for acid reflux (so bad his doctor considered surgery unless he made some dietary changes). One of his favorites was banana bread, so I worked to come up with this recipe. When I came up with the successful bread, I was glad to share the recipe so that he could make it himself...he really likes to make his own bread and I was pleased to come up with this first. He's happy, his wife is happy, and I'm glad that I could do something for a good friend;-D I think the key is egg whites and no nuts. Most of us use the whole egg and add nuts to our recipes. Making this minor adjustment apparently makes a world of difference as my friend eats it without a problem and makes it regularly.